Happy Monday, people of Tampa! Here’s everything you need to know to start the day. Here’s everything happening in town today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Nice with lots of sun. High: 81 Low: 64.
Are you a local owner or trader? We can help you effortlessly deliver effective ads that reach Tampa customers. Click here to find out more.
Here are the top stories in Tampa today:
1. LAB theater project will present its production of the new work by award-winning Miami playwright Philip Middleton Williams, “The Sugar Ridge Rag”, a talking drama the ties that unite a family in difficult times. catch that From April 28 to May 15 to 812 Henderson Avenue East in the city of Ybor. (Tampa Patch)
2. Local political pundits, a former Tampa mayor, and civic leaders be heard on the disruptive tension between Tampa Mayor Jane Castor’s administration and Tampa City Council. “I have watched or covered City Hall since 1988 and have never seen this level of animosity from a mayor towards members of council,” said Wayne Garcia, an award-winning local journalist. (Creative Loafing Tampa)
3. Bay Rosea festival in downtown St. Petersburgreturns to Sunday May 22 at Beach Drive at Grand Ballroom at Birchwood. Festival guests will be able to receive up to 10 sample castings different quality rosésin the same way rotating appetizerscharcuterie and other tasty bites. (It’s so Tampa)
4. The Polk County Sheriff’s Office said one Lakeland teacher faces charges of inappropriate sexual conduct with two studentsand authorities believe there may be other victims. Derek Stribling, 39, was a teacher, dean of students and basketball coach to Crossroads Christian Schoolsaid Polk Sheriff Grady Judd. (ABC Action News)
5. Hotel Hayaa charming hotel in Historic Ybor City of Tampapossesses hired Nathan Hardin and Jeff Carlson as executive chef and food and beverage director, respectively. Hardin is originally from Tampa and previously worked at Steelbacha restaurant at Armature Works, as executive head. His dishes have been presented at James Beard’s house in New Yorkand his curriculum vitae includes stays at Highball and Harvest at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes and Miami Beach’s award-winning Yardbird Southern Table and Bar. (Business Observer)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a partner of the Patch brand. We all know that Ring is the leader in video doorbells for home security. But did you know that Ring now makes a home security system that is acclaimed by consumer electronics experts?
Today in Tampa:
- creative writing at the Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative. (2:00 p.m.)
- The Basics of the 5 Week Culinary Course at the Publix Aprons Cooking School in Citrus Park. (6:00 p.m.)
- Friends of Seminole Heights Library Reunion. (6:00 p.m.)
- Center for Ethics Hot Seat Speaker Series at the University of Tampa. (6:00 p.m.)
- Hyde Park sweatshirt with Bella Prana in Hyde Park Village. (6:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Join Tampa Tarpons next Saturday, April 16 for a Pre-game Easter egg hunt on the pitch with 10,000 Easter eggs. Open at children 12 and under. (Facebook)
- Adam Smith University of Tampa Sykes College of Business Annual Breakfasit will take place Thursday, April 21, from 7:15 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at the Crescent Club on the ninth floor of the Vaughn Center. (Tampa Bay Newswire)
- St. Louis Developer Subtext has a 7-story mixed-use redevelopment plan for Kennedy Boulevard. (Subscription: Tampa Bay Business Journal)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- 4-Course Dinner and Auction to Benefit Wheels of Success – Presented by Santander Consumer USA (April 11)
- Open House: House for Sale in St Pete Beach (April 12)
- Breast ultrasound screening comes directly to you! (April 16)
- Retirement Tax Webinar 4/18 & 4/20 (April 18)
- Health insurance – turning 65… what now? (April 19)
- Add your event
Do you like the Tampa Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You are now in the loop and ready to start this Monday on the right foot! See you soon.
— Carlos Hernandez
About me: Hello, my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the culinary blog Carlos Eats (http://www.carloseats.com) and also contributes to several newspapers and magazines with food-related blogs and articles.