IThe Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has announced a recruitment campaign, which will be conducted at the National Remote Sensing Center (NRSC) in Hyderabad, Telangana. There are currently 55 combined vacancies for Junior Researchers, Research Associates and Research Scientists.
Things to know:
- Candidates will be selected on a temporary basis, which can then be extended up to a maximum of five years depending on the needs and performance of the candidate.
- There are 12 vacancies for junior researchers.
- Candidates applying for the position of Junior Researcher must be an ME or MTech graduate in Remote Sensing, GIS, Remote Sensing and GIS, Geoinformatics, Geomatics, Geospatial Technology or Spatial Information Technology with BE or BTech in Civil Engineering or MSc in Agriculture.
- There are 41 vacancies for scientific researchers.
- Candidates applying for research positions should hold an ME or MTech degree in Remote Sensing, GIS, Remote Sensing and GIS, Geoinformatics, Geomatics, Geospatial Technology and Spatial Information Technology with BE or BTech in Computer Science, Computer Engineering , information technology or geoinformatics and other relevant fields.
- There are 2 vacancies for Research Associates.
- Candidates applying for the position of Research Associate must have a PhD in Botany, Ecology, Forestry, Environmental Science or Wildlife Biology with a Master’s and Bachelor of Science in related subjects.
- Applicants with ME/M.Tech/ M.Sc. Technical degree or equivalent must have a first class with a minimum of 60% marks or a CGPA/CPI grade of 6.5 on a 10 point scale and those with MSc must be first class with a minimum of 65% mark or CGPA/IPC mark of 6.84 on a 10 point scale.
- Applicants who have completed professional courses through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) are not eligible to apply.
Rounding of point percentage/CGPA score is not permitted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview with the selection committee. Communication will only be sent to shortlisted/shortlisted candidates.
How to register:
- Interested and eligible candidates can submit applications online through the NRSC website.
- After registration, applicants will receive an online registration number, which should be recorded for future reference.
- Applicants are required to upload the scanned copy of all required documents including photograph, signature, certificates, PhD thesis abstract, University PhD award, etc.
- For more details, see the official notification.