Apply to: https://www.cuny.edu/employment/
The description: guard assistant
Job ID 24204
Location School of Professional Studies
Full/part time Full time
Under supervision, performs work of ordinary difficulty in the cleaning of public buildings and their immediate grounds; performs related light work.
There is no assignment level for this position. All staff perform related work. This specification describes typical assignments; related tasks may be assigned as needed.
– Sweeping, damp mopping and damp mopping of office floors, restrooms, hallways, lobbies and other assigned floor surfaces.
– Cleans sinks and other sanitary facilities.
– Wash the walls by hand with a brush or using an electric machine.
– Scrubs the floors with an electric machine; waxes and shines floors.
– Hand scrub stairs and stair landings.
– Empty the trash and dispose of the waste.
– Vacuums and cleans rugs, carpets and upholstery.
– Dust, remove and clean window coverings such as blinds.
– Performs wall dusting at shoulder height.
– Dusts and polishes furniture and ironwork.
– Cleans mirrors and glass in the library, doors and toilets.
– Wash electric lights.
– Replenish bathroom supplies in restrooms.
– Sweeps the sidewalks and clears the snow from the sidewalks; washes sidewalks and the lower part of buildings with a brush and a hose.
– Replaces bulbs and fuses.
– Frequents a low pressure heating system.
– May occasionally operate an elevator, move furniture or act as a watch person.
– Reports broken equipment.
– Observe safety and environmental health precautions as indicated.
– Sets up safety warnings and/or stanchions for wet floors or other areas for limited access while cleaning.
– Sorts waste for recycling.
– Cleans small kitchens and/or cafe service areas.
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
For more than 15 years, the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) has led online education in New York City. Notable for offering the most online bachelor’s and master’s degree options at the City University of New York, and for serving transfer students as the only fully transferred undergraduate college in the university system, CUNY SPS meets the needs adults who want to complete a bachelor’s degree, progress from an associate’s degree, obtain a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, and progress in the workplace or change careers.
The School’s growth has been remarkable, with twenty-four degrees launched since 2006. Enrollment has increased by more than 30% over the past four years to over 4,000 students in credit programs. Thousands more are enrolled in non-degree, grant-funded work-based learning programs. Additionally, the school has an active alumni network and has established the CUNY SPS Foundation, which provides multiple scholarship opportunities for current students.
CUNY SPS has consistently been named by US News & World Report as one of the best online institutions in the country. This year, the school was ranked #10 in the country on the publisher’s list of the best online bachelor’s degree programs 2022.
The Office of Campus Operations supports the mission of CUNY SPS by providing a clean, safe, and conducive physical environment for student learning and faculty teaching. The Office of Campus Operations responsibilities include the maintenance, repair, improvement and renovation of space, and provides services in the day-to-day operations of facilities management, property management, space reservation and courier services.
Reporting to the Administrative Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds, the Maintenance Assistant will:
• Clean, disinfect and polish fountains and water dispensers on campus.
• Clean, polish and vacuum elevators using specified cleaning equipment.
• Regularly disinfect cleaning equipment: mops, microfiber cloths, feather dusters, caretaker cart, etc.
• Clean and sanitize pantry, including microwaves and refrigerators.
• Unclog and clean drains in closets and toilets, as well as urinals, toilets and sinks.
• Use the specified color-coded microfiber cloth cleaning system during cleaning.
• In bad weather, lift, transfer and place the umbrella stand in the hall.
• Communicate via a two-way radio system
• Bend over and kneel to remove gum or adhesive from floors, including carpets and vinyl flooring.
• Perform scheduled cleanings of classrooms and lecture halls on campus.
• Clean carpets on campus using a scrub brush and wet/dry vacuum as directed.
• Clean campus glass doors in the lobby, lecture halls and offices.
• Perform other related custodial duties as required
There are no formal education or experience requirements.
There are certain medical and physical requirements established by the University management.
The preferred candidate will have:
• One year of work experience performing the tasks described in the General Tasks section.
• Availability to work evenings and weekends.
New hire: $32,585*
Holder minimum: $35,811
*This amount reflects a 13% salary cut effective for the first 24 months of employment only.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees and dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered tax-deferred retirement and savings plans. Part-time employees must meet a criterion of weekly or semi-annual hours of work to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO REGISTER
Visit CUNY.JOBS and search for this job posting using job ID #24204 or title. From our job posting system, select “Apply Now”, create or log in to a user account and provide the requested information.
• Candidates must attach a CV and a cover letter.
May 3, 2022
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR EMPLOYMENT
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also part of our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. Employer EEO/AA/Vet/Disability.
Apply to: https://www.cuny.edu/employment/